To Geek or Not to Geek Over a Cop Show
- It’s set in Hawaii—Beautiful women, sun, beaches, and bikinis
- Grace Park—‘Nuff said
- It’s a bite-sized action movie—Not Shakespeare by any stretch but entertaining. (Sometimes that’s all you really want.)
- Daniel Dae Kim has a chance to redeem himself—After Lost’s Season Finale, any of those actors should be lucky to have a job (plus he’s speaking English now.)
- Solid Writing—For the most part (excluding the buddy cop crap.)
- Norman Reedus—Sure he died in the first episode but anything that a Boondock Saint touches should instantly gain cult status.
While I doubt it’s going to win any awards, I don’t see it being cancelled anytime soon. Still, I would like to see the show get just a little more serious. I’m not talking CSI serious or even NCIS serious–I’m kinda over that. I’m talking a little more action movie serious.
That’s going to be difficult seeing as how the show occupies a primetime slot on a major network but if Family Guy can push the limits, why can’t somebody else?